FOLLOW REQUIREMENTS ACCORDINGLY
Part I: Team Strategy Plan
You are part of a consulting group hired to help manage the introduction of the Cardi-Care Valve. Your group was hired to create teams and begin production of the newly designed CardiCare Valve heart valves. This will be at the organization’s Pontiac, MI, location that is currently manufacturing custom plastic parts. Many of the production employees are current employees from other divisions, and the company expects to hire some new employees.
Resources: Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization, and University of Phoenix Material: Team Strategy Plan (ATTACHMENTS)
Review the Riordan Manufacturing intranet site and the Human Resource section under Demographics, Employees, Employee Files, and Reports (SEE ATTACHMENTS).
Prepare a plan to create the teams. Address the following in your plan:
· Identify various structures available for team formation. You want to describe different kinds of teams you could create. We are looking to identify types of teams such as virtual. (See Chapter 10)
· Provide rationale and justification for your selection of the best team structure.
· What challenges or barriers may occur with your selection? Focus on the challenges to your chosen team structure.
· What measures will you use to determine if the team is operating successfully? (Remember to include the business goals of this group along with the team interaction goals.)
Part II: Conflict Management Plan
While developing the teams, the management group finds that there is currently some internal conflict among two of the employees chosen for this project. David Nguyen has spoken to his current manager twice regarding his feelings that James Deal is intentionally creating problems on the production line, which is causing David to miss his quality checks. James insists that he has no idea what David is referring to and does not understand why David is trying to cause problems. James now goes to his own superintendent because he feels David is spreading rumors that he is looking for other work. David advises his own manager that he is not sure why James thinks this, because he has never said anything like that.
Before the new teams are formed, the management group knows they must resolve this issue so that the new production teams can operate smoothly. Both James and David are good employees with positive performance reviews, and they were chosen for the new project because of this reason.
Resources: Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization, and University of Phoenix Material: Conflict Management Plan (ATTACHMENT)
Create a Conflict Management Plan for the conflict between David and James. In this plan, include the following:
· The various conflict management approaches; Ex. avoidance (Column 1)
· The strengths and weaknesses of each conflict management approach (Columns 2, 3) There must be a minimum of 2 strengths and weaknesses for each conflict approach.
· Rationale and justification for your chosen approach
· Alternate strategies if first approach does not work
· Possible challenges to your approach
A Sample Outline of the paper is provided in my Course Materials Forum in Week Four.
To find the Riordan website, see ATTACHMENTS.