Castle Company produces throw blankets that are popular holiday gifts. Standard variable costs relating to a single blanket are given below
Standard Quantity or Hours
Standard Price or Rate
$5 per yard?
$6.80 per DLH?
Variable manufacturing overhead
$2 per direct labor-hour?
Total standard cost?
Overhead is applied to production on the basis of direct labor hours. During March, 924 blankets were manufactured and sold.
Selected information related to the month’s production is given below:
Variable Manufacturing Overhead
Actual costs incurred
Direct materials price variance?
Direct materials quantity variance
Direct labor rate variance?
Direct labor efficiency variance?
Variable overhead rate variance?
Variable overhead efficiency variance?
For this month’s production of 924 blankets
Submit an Excel document with each tab labeled by item number in good form that demonstrates the following through your calculations:
1. What is the standard cost of a single blanket?
2. What was the actual cost per blanket produced during March?
3. What was the direct materials price variance for March?
4. What was the direct labor rate variance for March? The direct labor efficiency variance?
5. What was the variable overhead rate variance for March? The variable overhead efficiency variance?