Assessment item 3
Due date: 20-Dec-2013
Return date: 10-Jan-2014
Length: approx. 1500 words (can be longer if required)
Submission method options
Hand delivery (option applies to Internal only)
Alternative submission method
You are required to analyse the effectiveness of the Hotel Booking systems. To do this you are required to employ at least two data gathering techniques including research and observation. You will need to research the existing Hotel Booking systems and other information you can find about airlines. You also need to observe how at least three (3) users interact with the system. Suppose the 3 users want to book accommodation in different hotels. Depending on the site you choose, you need to script two or more scenarios for these users, and then observe their interaction. For instance, the two possible scenarios might be as follows:
(A) You want to book a hotel in Perth for next Friday. Before booking your accommodation, you want to be sure that you are getting the best rates for the room. You therefore want to find out what other similar hotels charge for similar accommodation (choose the same one for all 3 participants) on that day.
(B) You would like to pay for your accommodation in advance (to confirm room availability). You would like to prefer a secure checkout to prevent fraud and protect your privacy. You therefore want to compare the different payment mechanisms (Cash, Cheque, Credit Card, PayPal etc) available at the 3 hotels.
Questions you need to address are:
1. What are the major business objectives and processes (operations) that the hotel company carries out?
2. List the information systems that are used to support their portal and describe how they are related to the overall business objectives and processes.
3. Detail the scenarios you developed and how the users you observed interacted with the system as a registered member of the system, a temporary member and without registration, when carrying out the tasks of those scenarios.
4. Recommend improvements to the system and describe the analytic consequences. For instance, not all airlines provide systems for online boarding. If the company were to add such functionality, what do the analysts need to consider?
5. Describe the stakeholders involved. Who are they? Why do analysts need to consider their interests?
6. Discuss, in detail, the data collection techniques you used to answer the above questions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more