Exam: 050326RR – REHEARSAL AND DELIVERY
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 15: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which one of the following topics would be most appropriate for the comparison and contrast method? A. The events that led to the Civil War
B. Application of a new cleaning device
C. The platforms of two opposing candidates
D. The physical characteristics of a new movie star
2. Simplifying someone else’s position and then attacking that simplified position is using a(n) _______ argument.
A. straw man
B. ad hominem
C. false cause
D. hasty generalization
3. Which of the following is an internal summary transition?
A. So now that we know that poverty affects families of all races, we can start to break the numbers down.
B. To begin this speech, I would like to concentrate on three vital aspects of the root cause of poverty.
C. This subject of poverty can be a difficult one, but I challenge you to do your best to try to see all sides of the situation.
D. What is poverty all about? For thousands of years, people have struggled with the vast inequalities that seem to be everywhere.
4. Alliteration, synecdoche, and oxymorons are _______ used to create audience attention and memory. A. metaphors
B. figures of speech
C. high-context cultures
5. How many main points are optimal in a speech of 5–15 minutes? A. 10–20