Marcson Jewelry keeps their inventory based on specific identification. Everytime a ring is sold, the bookkeeper records the move from inventory to sales on an inventory worksheet. Currently he copies and pastes the items sold from one spreadsheet to another. He would like to automate the process by using a macro. To assist, you, as the Controller, have written a macro to perform the task.
Follow the steps below. Create the macro and test that it works. You may use this Excel file as the starting place for your work. Feel free to edit its design or formatting as you see fit for your preferred presentation. Document (map) your workbook for the bookkeeper how to run the macro.
For this example, we will assume we are reconciling March 2009 sales.
1) Type 3/12/2009 into cell I16 of the Listings worksheet and press ENTER. This entry records the date of the sale of this item.
2) Select row 16 by clicking its row number heading. This is the row we will transfer to the SALES spreadsheet.
3) Select Developer, Record Macro. The record Macro dialog box appears.
4) Click within the Macro name box and type SOLD
5) For this Macro, choose lowercase letter s for the shortcut key.
6) In the “Store Macro In” text box, select “THIS WORKBOOK” from the drop-down list.
7) Enter any description for this Macro.
8) Click OK. The Macro is now on and you should see a Stop Recording toolbar and the Recording message at the bottom of the screen.
9) Click the Relative Reference button on the stop recording toolbar if it is not already selected.
10) Right Click and select COPY.
11) Click on the SALES tab.
12) Press CTRL + Home
13) Press END and then the down arrow twice.
14) Click PASTE on the toolbar.
15) Press the down arrow once and click on the Listings tab.
16) You should be back on Row 16. Choose Edit, Delete.
17) Click on the Stop Recording button. Verify Recording no longer displays in the status bar.
18) Save your changes.
19) Test your Macro by entering a sales date in another row and running the Macro.
Enter a sales date in March.
Highlight the row in which you entered a date.
Choose Developer, Macro, and run the SOLD macro.
20) Repeat the test using the shortcut of CTRL + s
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more