All answers should be a minimum off 200 words. No plagarizing and No wikipedia!!! APA writing is not required, but the source of the answer is.
1. Explain why healthcare organizations need to develop a realistic cash budget upon completion of their operating and capital budget processes.
2. Explain the need for and the process for flexible budgeting in healthcare organizations today
3.Discuss the ways in which a physician office practice can optimize its financial condition and benefit its hospital partner.
4.Healthcare administrators need a solid understanding of physicians and their medical staff activities. Explain the typical catergories of medical staff in a community hospital setting.
5. While the operating budget process is underway in June, the capital budget process must also begin. Describe what should be happening in the capital budget process during June of each year.
6. Explain the difference between top-down and bottom-up budgeting, and give the pros, and cons of each. Based upon your learning here, which approach do you personally favor, and why?
7. Discuss the fringe benefit level change as a key component of the operating budget for any healthcare organization. Why is it so important?
8. Why is it so important to present a board-level human resources report in June while the operating budget process is beginning?
9. Explain how you would present a salary reconiliation as part of the budget approval process for your own healthcare organization.
10. Explain how to calculate the allowance for doubtful accounts and the bad-debt expense in a hospital.
11. Medicare payments to providers are heavliy based on DRGs and APCs today. Explain how DRGs and APCs work, and discuss how they impact hospitals in paticular.
12. A key aspect of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is rewarding hospitals for strong performance and penalizing them for quality issues, such as high infection rates and high readmission rates to the facility. Explain the details of how PPACA rewards and punishes hospitals for their performance.