1. If the bonds were not convertible, what would they be worth?
2. Since the bonds are convertible, what is their stock value?
3. If the value of the stock rose to $15, what would happen to the value of the bonds?
4. If the price of the stock declined to $5, what would happen to the value of the bonds?
5. If the money were invested in the nonconvertible bonds and the price of the stock changed, what would happen to the value of the bonds?
6. If the price of the stock rose, would the Roussels have to exchange the bonds for the stock?
7. If Mrs. Roussel changed her mind, could she get the principal back?
8. If the company were to fail, what would happen to the bonds?
9. Would buying the bonds be preferable to putting the money in the firm’s stock?
10. Would buying the bonds be preferable to putting the money in a certificate of deposit in a federally insured commercial bank?
11. What are the federal income tax implications of owning convertible bonds? Would putting the bonds in the children’s names result in any tax savings? Given the nature of Mrs. Roussel’s questions, do you believe that the money should be invested in convertible bonds?
Many of your clients own small to medium-sized private businesses. One of your clients, Maurice Roussel, is planning to finance the education of his two children, ages 10 and 12. Currently, neither child has any assets, so Roussel is considering investing a modest amount in convertible bonds in their names with his wife, Lili, as custodian. Lili Roussel has doubts because she does not believe that it is wise to risk their hard-earned money on risky investments. Mr. Roussel believes that the money to be transferred is small enough to risk. Besides, he is fascinated with the convertible bonds issued by UT&T, a large company with a good, if not superior, credit rating.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more