Business Case Analysis
Respond to each question thoroughly, keeping in mind the need for clarity, organization, and proper citation of external research.
Question 1: As outlined in the case, describe the mission of the NCAA. In addition, name the stakeholders being addressed in the mission statement as well as other stakeholders who should be considered. (20 points)
Question 2: Explain how the NCAA may or may not be aligned with its stated mission and core values and how it can further exemplify its mission. In your explanation, provide three specific examples. (25 points)
Question 3: Develop a SWOT analysis for the NCAA. Utilizing research in addition to the case, provide at least three examples of each element of the SWOT analysis. (20 points)
Question 4: Using leadership characteristics described in your textbook and additional research, cite specific behaviors the NCAA utilizes to maintain the support of its member institutions. (20 points)
Question 5: Select ONE of the following three options for NCAA going forward and describe the pros and cons associated with your choice. Cite a minimum of three pros and three cons. Be sure to use external research. (30 points)
a. Abandon the NCAA model given that the economic landscape of college athletics has progressed beyond its ability to regulate and be seen as a desirable organization with which to be affiliated.
b. Restructure the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) college football postseason model and instead create a revenue sharing model associated with a FBS championship playoff under the supervision of the NCAA.
c. Reshape the NCAA organizational structure reforming issues pertaining to rules compliance, scholarships and athletes academic performance. Address revenue-sharing and student-athlete amateurism bylaws and consider the possibility of a post-athletic financial disbursement program for student athletes whose likeness and images are used in NCAA commercial endeavors.
Paper composition: (10 Points)
· Use at least five external sources in addition to the article provided and your textbook.
· Proper citations are required.
· The paper should be a minimum 1,800 words, double spaced and in MLA format.
· The introduction is an important part of your assignment. This helps to define the quality of the assignment in the eyes of the reader. For this assignment, your introduction must include a background of the main points of the case and a clear indication of the organization of your paper.
· The conclusion of the assignment is your ultimate chance to provide powerful evidence of your knowledge of the case to the reader. Your conclusion should at a minimum provide a summary of the main points and arguments raised in the paper.