Identify a person andinterview a professional who works in a professional career field for five years or more in one of the following career fields: Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Operations. This should not be a family member. Write a summary paper of your interview using the following writing prompts to guide your conversation.
Write a reflection of your conversation, showcasing what you learned about this person and their profession. Your grammar is a reflection of your image.Good spelling, correct grammar and the appropriate use of punctuation are important in all business communications and college papers. Each writing prompt (below) should be answered using paragraph format. There are not margin or page requirements or limitations. Do not use an outline format. Interview Questions:
Introduction/Background Questions– The answers to the questions below should be summarized in one full paragraph or longer if necessary.
· Who did you choose to interview and why?
· What was your major in college? What’s the best and worst class you took in college?
· How did you end up with your current position?
· Approximately how many hours do you work each week?
Substantive Questions– Each question should be answered separately and be reflected in your writing with a minimum of one full paragraph response or longer – i.e., there are six questions below so this section of your paper should have at least six separate paragraphs.
· What hurdles or obstacles have you overcome in your position?
· We have studied Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Operations Management. How do you use these in your current job?
· What is most important for me (enter your major) to know about Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Operations. (pick one)
· If you were (or are) the CEO of your company, what would keep you up at night?
· What advice do you have for me?
Enjoy learning from an experienced business professional. I look forward to reading your paper. Please let me know if you have any questions.